posted on 11:28 am
Purpose of Role:
The QA Manager is responsible for the day to day management, delivery and overall motivation of all personnel within the Software QA team.
• Ensuring the QA team runs to optimum productivity by driving a culture of best in class test practices.
• Planning and setting weekly priorities for the QA team leads
• Reviewing existing services, products and processes to ensure optimum client satisfaction and that all Saffron services are bug free.
• Competitor analysis and reviews to benchmark Saffron Digital’s testing practices against main competitors within the industry.
• Ensuring effective training, processes and documentation are in place within the team.
• Ad hoc tasks as allocated by line manager and Senior Management
• Meeting all allocated deadlines within set time periods
• Ensuring QA KPIs are met.
• Liaise with Project management for milestone/release planning
• Analyse requirements and design specification
• Write/Review test specifications for functional testing
• Perform manual functional testing
• Verifying fixes and build tasks
• Report issues
• Monitor issue logs and provide status reports
• Support developers in problem investigation
• Liaise with software developers, Account and Project Managers
• Communicate to QA Manager on task progress and completion
• Drive automated testing solution and implementation within the QA team.
Essential to the job:
The Job Holder must be a good communicator with strong organizational skills and be pro-active with an acute attention to detail.
The Job Holder must be highly responsible and be prepared to take ownership of projects, working above and beyond the call of duty to deliver a project.
A keen interest in digital technology is a necessity along with the ability to keep a calm head in pressurized situations
In addition to good listening and communication skills, both written and verbal, the QA Manager must also have problem solving skills and a wide degree of creativity with the ability to present ideas in an intelligent and challenging environment.
The Job Holder will have experience of QA practices and people management. Excellent people skills and strength of character to work with a team in need of leadership and direction, plus an ability to identify problems and initiate actions to turn around success of individual services and client accounts are a must.
They must be passionate about their work, and drive for results and service excellence
Candidates should have a good knowledge of software development and testing methodologies
Flexibility to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
Automated Testing Experience