posted on 4:43 pm
Salary: Depending on experience
We are seeking a motivated Android Developer, to join our strong Android team. You will be working on leading edge projects in specialist areas with significant opportunity for professional growth.
Saffron Digital is the leading global, multi-DRM, online video platform for the digital entertainment industry; powering end-to-end DRM Video Solutions for major International Carriers, MSO’s, OEMs and retailers, such as HTC, SKY and KDDI.
The company is invested heavily in research & innovation that are central to our specialist knowledge in the video space. We are committed to best practices in software development as well as the pursuit of new technologies.
Operating from new offices in Farringdon, we promote a positive & friendly environment and investment in people.
Purpose of Job:
• Developing Android components and libraries as part of delivery of full Android APK to customer.
• Produce quality code with high test coverage
• Completing necessary documentation for delivered components.
• Strong involvement in determining Saffron’s Android and Application development standards.
• Be part of an agile team, participating in the planning, estimation and development of user stories.
• Demonstrating code and application to scrum peers as required.
• Mentoring & Coaching other Android Developers
• Produce technical documentation to a high standard.
Essential to the job:
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• High competence in Java and building native apps on the Android platform.
• An Android champion – understands features of latest versions of Android and how to employ them in code.
• Commercial experience in delivering a rich media, or communications application developed for Android.
• Demonstrable experience of delivering Android across multi-devices.
• Demonstrable experience in modern development practices, including Continuous Integration and Release.
• Strong problem solving skills
• A background in mobile application development on another platform, iPhone, Symbian or Blackberry
• Experience calling web services and external APIs
• UI implementations working in conjunction with designers
• Demonstrable interest in emerging mobile technologies and protocols
• Strong communication skills
• Significant exposure to at least one additional language (Objective-c, , C#, C++ highly valued)
• Has worked with native libraries and incorporated them in Android. Familiar with JNI.
• Knowledge of security concepts (cryptography, digital rights management (DRM), web-based attack vectors such as XSS, SQL injection, etc.)
• Professional and commercial experience in the area
• SQL skills and an understanding of alternative storage mechanisms
• A broad understanding of digital audio, video and still image compression techniques, including knowledge of related commercial and open source software
• experience working with revision control systems (git preferred)
• Understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite, in particular HTTP
• Familiar with GIT
Internal Working Relationships:
Build strong relationships with other teams and stakeholders
• Development leads & other developers
• Product & Design
• Technical Project Management
• QA Team